my 3yr says his ears hurts when water gets in them.

why? thats never happen to me

twimommy

Asked by twimommy at 5:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• water is uncomfortable. tilt his head and it should drain out.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:07 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It feels weird to me. He may experience weird as pain. I wouldn't worry about it as long as it doesn't hurt a lot.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:08 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It may have trouble draining properly, causing a build up and irritation/inflammation on the ear drum. Ask your pediatrician about using swimmer's ear or another at-home remedy to dry out the water that could be building up.
    DanielleB10

Answer by DanielleB10 at 5:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It's very common. Ear aches are very common when water is introduced to the ear drum. From swimming, baths, etc. Talk to his doctor about what are some good methods to relieve the pain and also what you can do to prevent water getting into his ears.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:36 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My dd just turned 4 and does the same thing! She freaks out if water gets in her eyes or ears. I think it is just the fear that it's different and they aren't sure what's going on or why it feels funny.
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 5:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My little girl is 4. We had to have tubs put in her ears and she can not go in the water unless she has ear plugs in. I would talk to your Dr something has to be making them hurt with the water.
    cally101123

Answer by cally101123 at 7:19 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My son can not stand the feeling of water in his ear. It doesn't hurt him, just feels weird and he doesn't like it. Ask your boy to see which it is for sure. When I rinse his hair in the bath, I just try to fold the ear over and pour the water slowly so it doesn't go all over his face and ears and he is fine. My daughter was the same way until about 4 or 4 1/2 yrs old.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:44 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Some children are a little more sensitive than others putting ear plugs might help during bath time as a solution. You might also talk to her doctor about it.  GL

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:57 AM on Sep. 21, 2010