I GOTTA GO NOW!!

How do you react when your toddler/child tells you this when there is no restroom in the vicinity? Give them permission to wet their pants, find a bush/between cars...I mean how do you react to this! This happened for the fosr time today with my 4 year old daughter. We were at the store and the manager wouldn't let her use it so I gave her permission to pee on a towel in the back of the van then tied it up in a bag. What should I have done...What have YOU done? She was going to pee no matter what did she had to GO!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I keep plastic sacks in the back for this reason. I've also let her go on the grass in a secluded spot.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• With my son it was easy as he is a boy and can pee anywhere discreetly. I dread the day when my DD is fully potty trained for this reason...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• You did the right thing! My DIL keeps a "car" potty in her car for this very reason. It has come in SO handy!. On another issue I would contact the store website or owner and lodge a complaint. I understood that if a customer asks they can not be refused use of a store's restroom. (Check your state law first)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2010