DO you believe it letting go?

Do you think it's true, that people have to be ready to die? I mean, like somebody needs to find piece of mind first and then say to themselves: "okay, now."

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 5:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Health

• some people will hold on because they feel like they have unfinished business, or because of fear... other people don't really get the chance to think about it because they die too quickly
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 5:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It depends on what your letting go of, all things past or present have a impact on ones life and letting go is never easy. If its a death it is even harder. I think the person themselves has to find a way to decide if letting go is right for them or holding on is right for them.
    rebelchickrocks

Answer by rebelchickrocks at 5:24 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yes, some people live in pain and there comes a time where they don't want to fight anymore and succumb to a painless world.

Answer by older at 5:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• yes and no its hard to put in words im feelings abouth this
    twimommy

Answer by twimommy at 5:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I think sometimes yes. Hard for me to elaborate, but my MIL could tell you how it was with both her mother and her brother.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yes, I believe that can happen.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 5:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I don't know exactly what you mean by that people "have to" be ready to die. I think there is a difference between dying well and not dying well, and those who die well have come to a place of peace and acceptance. Mostly i think it has to do with people who do not have regrets (or have come to term with the regrets) and have forgiven themselves and others in their lives. People around them can help them die well, too, by surrounding them with love, appreciation, and reminders of all the dying person means to them.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:24 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I think that some people do hold on and it is ok to let go if you need to.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 7:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2010