Has your child ran for student council before?

I have no clue how to direct my child in running for the 3rd grade student council ELECTION. She has to make posters and say a speech. What type of things should she say in her speech? Does she talk about goals to help the school? Help please!!!! No merchandise is allowed to be handed out.

Thank You!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My DS just won his student council lection for the 5th grade. He made posters with dragons on them that said,"ANDREW.... SOARS ABOVE THE REST!!" We made sure they were very colorful and put glitter on them so they would catch the eye.
    speech: HI! I'm ..... and I'm running for 3rd grade student council rep. I would be good for this job because ( list 3-4 goood qualities... good student, creative,funny,a freiend to everyone.....) And just like my posters say..... So, vote for me........
    Just keep it short and sweet. At that age she doesn't need a long speech and they will only hear so much.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 6:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I'd have her tell how honest and hard working she is. How she loves helping others, etc.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2010