Do you ever have those days when you think you have everything organized/scheduled and then it seems like everyone else decides to change everything?

I am definitely having one of those evenings! Suppose to pick up my daughter at 5:30 then my son at 6:00 and then swing by my mom's house. Daughter now won't be done till 6:00 so I asked her to catch a ride to my mom's house and I would meet her there shortly after. However, I then received a phone call from my mom and she won't be home this evening, she decided to go do something! How do you pick both kids up at the same time when they are about 20 miles from each other and SO is working????

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 5:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would still have your DD dropped at your mom's and wait for her there so that nothing has changed for her except that you won't be spending any time with your mom.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• How old are they & where are they at? If they're somewhere safe, ask one to stay put, or if your dd can meet you at gma's house around the same time you'll get there after picking up your son... My life is like that every time I try to plan anything! Some emergency pops up, something that MUST be done NOW, it gets frustrating sometimes. lol
    lilydoyle

Answer by lilydoyle at 7:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2010