Have you ever went to put a load of clothes in the dryer and discovered that one of your kids had a load in there already and they are not dry and the dryer is not running?

I'm not sure how long my son's clothes have been in there wet! But I just found them and turned them on!!

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 5:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Oh... I am so happy that my 18 yo moved out... this used to bug the crap out of me. Clothes in the washer making it smell mildewy;..... clothes in the dryer in my way... sparkely crap everywhere that sticks all over the washer and dryer...

Oh thank you thank you thank you for remding me how much I like having my stuff to myself... lol!
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 11:10 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yes, my daughter does that a lot. I'm not sure if she forgets or if she does it intentionally to prolong the time until she has to fold or hang them and put them away. I don't start it for her because I want her to be inconvenienced. I wait until she is about to take a shower or something and then I tell her she needs to take care of her laundry. I'm hoping if i keep doing this when it's really inconvenient to her she'll catch on.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:44 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• YES! My boys are 18 & 21, and they are constantly leaving stuff in the washer, or in the dryer....and yes, sometimes not turning the dryer on.....I told them if it happens again, I'll lock the laundry room door, and they can use the laundromat down the street.....I don't think they're taking me seriously though.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yes, My step daughter is notorious for doing that, and leaving her laundry hang in the laundry room for days on end. It is enough to drive me batty!!!!!!!
    KiraSaucedo

Answer by KiraSaucedo at 5:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Ha I wish it was my son doing it. I would punish him for it.. But instead its grown adults that do it around here. (My son is only five btw)
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 5:47 PM on Sep. 20, 2010