would this bug you?

My sister is always bragging about her son. How he is sooo advanced. He's almost 2 and can count to 5 by himself and 10 with help. How he started sleeping in a toddler bed at 10 months and blah blah blah it goes on.

I'm sick of it!! My daughter turns 3 in Dec. and she asks me when she will be talking more because she doesn't talk that much but she can tell me what she wants. I understand her because I'm around her all day and my sister lived 2 hours away

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• she's just proud of her son, all moms brag up their kids.....brag up your daughter to her!
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 5:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It might bug me some days and not others. I agree - brag bout your girl too! There has got to be great things she does too :)
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 5:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• UGH! Yes it would bug me it would make me want to tell her to shut up already not bc I am jealous but enough bragging. hang in there your child is going to do the same watch sooner or later and she'd probably find something else to brag about. just go with it in your mind say yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah...lol Just tell her that is good. (Whatever)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yes, it would bug me. I am glad you are not right down the street from her!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Don't you worry about it you know Einstein did not talk till he was three and if i remember right he did not walk till 2 look how he turned out.
    nikkole42

Answer by nikkole42 at 6:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• you cant win with a one upper if it bothers you ask her politely to stop if she doesnt then just be around her when you want
    steveiguana

Answer by steveiguana at 6:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It would annoy me too. Tell her that your daughter will talk when she talks and that as long as the doctor isn't worried you are not either.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 8:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2010