Does anyone have any tips for getting my 18 month old to stop biting?

katiebug29

Asked by katiebug29 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well..... My girl used to to bite until she got bit once and realized how bad it could hurt. I'll leave it to you to decide how and when she gets bit.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 5:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Of course you don't bite your child. Try to figure out why your child is biting. Stress? Watch them so you can prevent biting. Give them something to bite like teething toys. Lectures don't work. Punishment doesn't work.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:57 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My 22 month old bit me so hard yesterday she broke skin, I flicked her in the mouth with my finger and looked her in the eye and said sternly- NO. I don't think timeouts work so great at 18 months but being stern setting her aside might help.
    ajbrownies

Answer by ajbrownies at 7:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Myu oldest son bit me when he was 18 months old. I bit him back. Not really hard, just to let him know that it hurts to be bitten. He never bit anyone again.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 8:14 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Teething rings
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 9:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2010