how long will it take for my 6 month old baby to crawl are walk

pritty

Asked by pritty at 8:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You know, since the whole "back to sleep" thing, many babies totally skip crawling.
    Walking varies. My boy was crawling by 8 months, walking by 12 months.
    Some kids walk as soon as 9 months, some as late as 18 months. They'll do it as they're ready. All kids are different.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 8:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• every child is different... my son started crawling at 5 months.. some babies skip crawling .
    hottie4amommy

Answer by hottie4amommy at 9:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Don't worry about the crawling - it's not even an official "milestone" that doctor's look for. If he does - great. If not - oh well.

That said, most babies who are going to crawl, crawl by 10 months.

Babies learn to walk without holding on to things sometime between 9 and 16 months - that's a huge span of time!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I wouldn't worry too much about the crawling, like she said it's not a major milestone. But my little one started trying at 4mon. Had it down pack at 5mon. Now she is trying to walk but she is 10mon.
    mommyB830

Answer by mommyB830 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2008