Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you stop someone from being attracted to you thats not your husband.

Answer Question

Asked by rebelchickrocks at 5:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Relationships

Level 7 (197 Credits)
Answers (12)
  • Don't encourage it. period.

    Answer by tasches at 5:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

  • You cant stop someone from doing anything. You don't have control over their actions but you do have control over yours.

    Answer by Queen2245 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

  • You can't stop someone from being attracted to you, or finding you attractive. Or control it in any way.

    All you can do is control your own actions and behaviours. Meaning: making it clear that you aren't interested.. that's it... All you can do is make it clear that you are not interested and not recipricating any attention/behaviours that this person may be directing your way.

    Answer by pixie_trix at 5:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

  • You can't stop it. Sadly its free will to have the "hots" for someone. Its not something you can stop, but you can take measures to let them know that you do not return the feeling.

    Dont encourage them. But do not be mean about it (at first, if they don't then take the hint , then get mean about it.)
    Make sure when they are around you talk a lot about the hubby.
    Make sure you do not flirt with them.
    Do not touch them, even if a friendly manner, many times this is taken as flirting.

    If worse comes to worse, if you & your hubby are able, make sure to hang all over each other when the other person is around.

    Answer by lilmoosesmom at 5:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

  • You can't really stop it. Having romantic feelings for someone isn't really a matter of choice. It's an emotion like any other emotion. But as long as the guy doesn't think he'll get anything from you then his feelings will fade over time. Be kind to him and let him know that you are faithful to your husband and aren't interested in pursuing a romantic relationship with someone else.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 6:03 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

  • Really, you can't. But you can make it clear you're married and have no contact with them.

    Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:19 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

  • While you can't stop them from being attracted to you, you can stop doing anything that would give them the idea you are attracted to them. Simply make it clear you are married and do not plan on being unfaithful and then if possible (work etc may make it impossible) do not have any contact with them or at least limit your contact to what you absolutely must have.

    Answer by aeneva at 6:28 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

  • Sure you can. Fart in his face, leave food stuck in your teeth, wear ugly clothes & be mean to him.

    Answer by samurai_chica at 6:36 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

  • you can't just make sure they know your boundaries. although maybe the above might work

    Answer by melody77 at 6:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

  • If he doesnt respect the fact that your married and uninterested I think thats when it would turn into a problem. Attraction is human nature, its not something you can turn on and off, its your responsibility not to ignite his attraction or lead him on in anyway.

    Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:43 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.