Any Oatmeal Recipes

My family loves oatmeal. I always fix it the same way. I boil the water, add the oatmeal (not the quick or instant kind) and cook it until it is done. Then served with raisins, honey andmilk. Any one have any other ways to fix it or change it up a bit.

Bugbait

Asked by Bugbait at 5:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I always made it and then added butter milk and brown sugar
    YUM!!!
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 5:55 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I cook the raisins in it, or I'll chop apple and throw that in while it cooks, or sometimes both together. I also cook cinnamon in it. I serve it with brown sugar (not a whole lot), and we like to pour milk over it, or if I have leftover cream from baking the kids get that (and love it). Other things the kids have tried is peanut butter swirled in, homemade jam swirled in, maple syrup swirled in - I've never tried those.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 5:57 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yesterday, at a restaurant, I had my oatmeal served with vanilla bean infused cream, raisins and brown sugar. It was delicious.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I have a recipe for doing it overnight in the crockpot. Good, and it's easier to clean after than a pan - even easier if you use liners: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/overnight-oatmeal-recipe/index.html

I don't use the figs, usually I switch in apples or peaches.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I cook it in milk (usually half plant and half animal), with butter, maple syrup, dried (unsweetened) cranberries and cinnamon. I also use oatmeal to make yummy pancakes and apple crisp.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• send me a message if you would like the recipes