What do you do with your 3 year olds?

I stay at home with my kids...for now and I was wondering what other moms do with them. What activities they do and stuff. I don't want them falling behind because I pulled them from daycare while I'm not working

how do you help them learn their ABCs and numbers and stuff they should know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• My daughter just turned 4. She's been in ballet since she was around 19 months old. I picked a day class that didn't mess with her nap and guess what, it was occupied entirely by other bored stay at home Moms trying to entertain their daughters!! It provided tons of networking, playgroups, etc.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:55 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• as for learny type stuff..... bake muffins or something with counting. get her very own library card. and pbskids.org is a wealth of games. good luck!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• they have preschool books at borders or the library to help you - I bought one for our son :) Good luck and have fun
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:01 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• by making it fun and bringing the learning into whatevr you are doing. Making dinner great time to learn basic math and even simple fractions can be understood ie cutting an apple in half and saying this is one half and if you put it back together both halves make a whole. Gummy bear and mm math is great If i give you 2 gummy bears that are red and two that are green how many do you have. Now if you eat one green bear how many do you have how many are red. Spelling signs that you see like stop and such when driving pointing out shapes and colors of nature on your walsks. Go to the dollar store get some basic easy books and have her read one copy as you read another (buy 2 the same) they sell easy workbooks as well. you make it fun and they want to learn. Basic art can be done with food color and mixing colors in the water add to the art is the added science lesson by putting a mum in the water or carnation - see it turn blue
    steveiguana

Answer by steveiguana at 6:47 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I actually bought a prek workbook for my youngest at that age and she loved doing it. I also took pictures of different things about the workbook and made like photo book along with it.
    Carol936

Answer by Carol936 at 12:00 AM on Sep. 21, 2010