What is the most you ever paid for your childs coat/snowpants?

Since my son is in school now and unless it's waaaay below zero they have recess every single day. I am thinking our usual Target/Kmart snow clothes wont hold up to that kind of wear/tear and I've been looking at Columbia brand and the sticker shock is a little intense.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 6:01 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Shopping

• In my mountain town in fall each year there is a snow/ski clothes and equipment swap. Since a lot of people participate it works out great... I think the local PTA started it as fund raiser. Some people just donate, but don't take anything. And some take, but don't donate. One outfit per kid only with the kid there to try it on. So no freeloaders stocking up tons of stuff. For equipment there is a cost... but I am not really sure how they work it out.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 6:12 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I go to a second hand store for that type of stuff, so far -although he's only 3 soon - $5
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:02 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• They're expensive, but we live in Michigan's Upper Peninsula so they're not optional - they're essential! I always purchase them well in advance at the thrift store (Goodwill or Salvation Army). If you wait til the weather turns cold, it'll be too late to find them used! I already have some for my 11 year old daughter, bought her two complete sets at $10 per set.
    jinxandjoy

Answer by jinxandjoy at 6:09 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• used kid stores. I buy most my kids clothes there except a few new outfits each. Saves 100s
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 6:05 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I paid $6.49 for DD1's first coat. Everything else has been free for both girls.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 10:57 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I bought my son some snow pants for $50 once. He needs a special size.
    We buy good coats here in Alaska. Usually winter jackets run about $80 each for the little kids (10 and 7) and about $100+ for the teens.
    I'm not even going to mention the boots, mitten, gloves, scarves, balaclava, and hats that go with winter here.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:31 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• $100.00 and I bought it big so it lasted 2 years-quality can be expensive!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:33 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• 20.00 from target.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:08 AM on Sep. 21, 2010