Do your kids complain....

....when they have to come in the house?? My son -8- ALWAYS wants to be outside with his friends, which is great, but I want him to spend a little time with me too!! Any ideas on how to get him to come in and hang out with me, without making it feel likes he's being punished by not being able to play???

And yes, I do fun things with him, but nothing is better than being out with his friends....

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 6:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Julita loves to play outside, but she knows that time is limited and we have other things we need to do. She plays outside for a couple of hours every day and really enjoys it - if she complained about it being time to come in, I would tell her that she can't play outside the following day as her behavior was poor.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:20 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• how is his reading/writing? a little notebook to journal to each other might help him prioritize spending time with you

"hey I saw your spelling test grade - awesome! tonight please come inside early and hang out with me and make dinner? sloppy joes or tacos? love, mom"
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:22 PM on Sep. 20, 2010