do you actually buy your kids books?

or stick w/ the library ??

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 6:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Shopping

• I buy books and go to the libraries here in our city. I love to read to the girls, and they love reading to me. Reading is very fundamental, and you'll start to see high achievements from your child when you encourage them to read everyday. My 7 year old is a great reader. I really enjoy listening to her read books to me.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 6:35 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• between my 5 kids they have a library of about 200 books. i try to get them each a new book every month or so.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• With things I fondly remember or reference books, I buy them. To try out new authors, I go to the library. If my daughter's really into a book, I'll then buy it. Also the used childrens' books for sale at the library are super cheap, so I'll risk them being duds.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I buy at thrift stores.. The new ones are usually bought by our families. The library is great for different books.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 6:36 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I buy them, but not usually new. I have a thrifstore here that sells kids books for 25 cents each, or I go on amazon occasionally. A lot of people have given me kids books, too.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:33 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I buy them
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I bought some but they received tons as gifts. And we went to the library often also
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:37 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Both. My son loves books almost as much as I do, so if he asks for one of those 3 dollar books from walmart I hardly ever turn him down.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 6:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• We go to the book store once a month the each (3kids) get one book a piece and the rest of the month we are at the library
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 6:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i buy n get em free off of craigslist and from my daughters daycare
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 6:44 PM on Sep. 20, 2010