Pregnancy = Puberty???

I'm almost 5 months pregnant and my acne is still forming it's own universe on my face. Shouldn't it be gone or slowly receding by this point? According to the books I've read... this all due to hormones which should calm down in your second trimester. It's almost as if I'm going through puberty again. I'm tired, hungry, moody, full of acne and have hair growing in weird places. Does it ever go away?

iafagtsgp2009

Asked by iafagtsgp2009 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• MY BABY IS 6 1/2 MONTHS OLD AND i STILL BREAK OUT. GOOD LUCK!
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 3:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Oh I hope it goes away. I am 23 weeks and look like a freak of nature instead of a glowing mommy to be.

Acne, hair in places that hair was never meant to be on a woman, oily skin, spider veins on my hands, and my head of hair is unmanageable.... ugh!

I cried the last time I went to visit my dr cuz of the hormones and I was crying about how awful I look. My male dr told me that after baby is born and when I am done breastfeeding that everything should return to normal.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 3:01 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I have ache, oily skin, thinning hair and hair also where it didn't grow b4. I'm 17 weeks and this starting when I got preggo, I had the glow with my son and not so glow with my daughter. I'm thinking it's a girl again!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• LOL go back to teenage years :) get the Neutrogina deep clean (even the offbrand works) something to clean out the dirt, oil and make up. and wash your face twice a day (or as many as your face can handle)

it should help out
    makaena

Answer by makaena at 3:58 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Every pregnancy is different. No book you read is going to tell you exactly what will happen with yours, and just because one pregancy was one way doesn't mean the rest of them will be the same. It's all hormonal, and the hormones don't even out to "normal" until at least a couple of months post-partum. Good luck, though.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• wen i got prego with my son i broke out really bad wen he was about a month or so it started to go away but it is still there not as bad.i stoped putting on make up and it helped a little but good luck
    mrs.dewberry01

Answer by mrs.dewberry01 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• proactive works!! Or get some phisoderm that is in the skin care isle or the acne section. It's ok to use as long as its not alot like maybe once a day or something.
    Anonymous

• I still am breaking out and my baby girl is almost 6 months old. Good luck... Everyones different.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:09 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I'm 7.5 months pregnant...and I think that puberty was a breeze compared to pregnancy. It sucks : / My mood swings have definitely calmed down, but I break out like crazy if I don't wash my face every day.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2008