At What Age Should They Start wearing Deodorant?

I just want everyone's thoughts on what age a kid should start wearing deodorant?

lovemygirls2007

Asked by lovemygirls2007 at 6:36 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• my son started wearing at around 2 1/2 to 3 years old, it was his choice & I wasn't about to tell him No. He wanted to make sure he smelled "like a man". I was okay with it. At five he puts in on every day. Even if its just the AXE spray.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 6:37 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• When they start to get BO.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• As soon as you can smell them..lol....my son started at 8, however his little bro is 8 now but does not need it..
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 6:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• when they start to get body odor it's time, lol, thats it
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 6:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• usually 5th to six grade so 10-12 years old. Before that not needed for oder control but some do like to smell nice or be like daddy. At this age if they are showering daily and doing regular hygene then just putting on in the morning will proabably be enough. But if they are playing hard in gym/or on sports teams they may find that bringing one to school for the locker room is a great idea.
    steveiguana

Answer by steveiguana at 6:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I think I was 12..... I actually didn't even need it quite yet but all my friends wore this fruity smelling teen spirit so I did too
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:44 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• when the smell is so overpowering: if in a car the windows go down, or at home you open the nearest window :) usually between 12 and 13, but just like stevieguana, pretty much the same reply.
    MsIrene05

Answer by MsIrene05 at 6:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i think around 10 just to get them into the habit, but if they wanna start earliar good for them!
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 7:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I think that when you can walk into a room and smell them then it is time. I have a friend with 2 girls that both needed it at the age of 8. They both were prepubescent puberty as well.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• When they start to smell....no set age here....although the four that wear deodorant were all around 12.
    semazani

Answer by semazani at 10:07 PM on Sep. 20, 2010