DO you get nervous when there is a hurricane?

We have hurricane Igor here now, and i can hear the rain pouring down...I am a bit nervous seeing as i am about 500 ft away from the ocean!!Hopefully we don't lose our power from this...they said Rainfall amounts between 50 and 150 millimetres are expected by Tuesday evening. and Northerly winds are forecast to gust between 100 and 120 km/h...
i can't wait for this hurricane to pass!

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 6:44 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That would freak me the hell out. I used to live where we got tornadoes. It was one of the many reasons I moved to the desert. Stuff like that really scares me. I hope you stay safe and it passes soon!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Hey hun I live in Michigan and we dont get them here we get the aftermathe. But I tell you I am scared when I am hear that other states are having one!
    AbbeyKAy

Answer by AbbeyKAy at 6:47 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I live in NORTH CAROLINA! we get hurricans often and i can tell you that the hurrican you are getting is a bad one, but you will be ok. Just don't be dumb and stay inside where you are safe!
    krsiti

Answer by krsiti at 6:54 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I live on the east coast and the last scare we had was Earl. I have lived here for 25 years and have learned to not go overboard but to always be prepared. I have definitely lived through my share of them but always saw them as a break from the usual (yes im one of the crazies that loves mother nature). They are also very humbling as well. I just try to stay informed and if i can see that its going to get bad(within 24hrs), then i prepare. Even being without power for 4 days during Isabel was fun. The entire neighborhood was cooking out!
    lybra975

Answer by lybra975 at 6:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Naaa! We get regular tornadoes all year long. If it gets bad enough me and our children will leave the area and come back when it is safe.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:37 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Are you kidding. I live in FL. We are always threatened with hurricanes and it doesn't phase me. The part I don't like is being without power for a week at a time. Our home is always prepared so we have enough food and water on rotation throughout the year to stay on top of things. I wish you luck and stay inside.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Can't be that bad if you are still on the computer.
    I don't get nervous till the very height of it and the power is off
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:47 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Not anymore. I used to live on the gulf coast, but moved. When I lived there only the cat 3 and above storms made me nervous.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 7:58 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yes, there was a hurricane when we lived in Florida years ago---Hurricane Eloise---and it was scary.
    I am now living in MN and there are tornadoes. That is bad too and you only have a few minutes warning before they hit. In August, a tornado went through a mile long area not far from me, tearing roofs off homes, lifting homes off their foundations, shattering windows,etc. Some families didn't have time to get to the basement and it happened in the middle of the night. Not good.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:16 PM on Sep. 20, 2010