Random breast pain...(breastfeeding)....?

Hopefull someone can enlighten me on why this happens..Or perhaps it happens to you too...

I get random "spurts" of pain...it happens in both breast at the same time...It feels like my breasts are getting hard(this is the only way I can think to explain it)...Starting at the nipple and going into my breast...I apply pressure with my arms and it goes away. If I dont apply pressure it hurts pretty bad.

My breast are not hard...

tiger_tatted1

Asked by tiger_tatted1 at 6:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This is normal! it is worse first thing in the morning when your milk is overflowing. if can be very painful, i often just pumped if the baby wasnt ready to feed and the pain went away
    krsiti

Answer by krsiti at 6:59 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• But it happens when Im not full too...Its a different pain then when I need to express milk....IDK..Lol.
    tiger_tatted1

Comment by tiger_tatted1 (original poster) at 8:57 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Hmm, sounds like a letdown. Does it sting?
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It does sound like letdown..it happens to me too and it doesnt feel to good but it usually happens when Im beginning to nurse..if its not when your beginning to nurse you should look into maybe an infection..Ive never had one but you never know..
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 1:20 AM on Sep. 21, 2010