Why do we judge each other so hardly?

I was in the gym today(alone), there were two women (maybe sizes 2 & 6) working out next to me and another woman(plus size maybe a 26) working out alone. The two women where discussing whether she should be working out alone in case she passed out or if the equipment would work after she was done with it...IT MADE ME SICK!!! The thing is if I heard them I know she did as well, thus my reason for approaching them (cant repeat my words on here)..Inside of being proud of her for getting out and trying to get herself healthy these women tried to tear her down...As women we are sometimes our worst enemy...I did stop and talk with her actually she is a sweet person and new to town...So I now have a work out partner..Was I wrong? What would you have done?

sam223

Asked by sam223 at 7:13 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• that was very sweet of you. a size two in my opinion is too thin anyway. you did the right thing. maybe they saw something in her that they don't have in themselves like courage. i know it hurts to be put down especially by people who know nothing about you.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 9:33 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• You were not wrong at all. What would have I done? Hopefully the same thing as you. Most likely, these "women" have issues with themselves, the only difference is you can't see it. Everyone has issues of some sort and usually women who tear others down feel crappy about themselves, so to make them feel better, they transfer (yes I was a Psychology major), their flaws onto other women. I stay away from these type of toxic people.
    HeatheranninSP

Answer by HeatheranninSP at 10:14 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I think that is GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, of ladies like her, and they "NEED FRIENDS".

They can not help it a lot of times......

genes, and a lot play in to this, shame on them for JUDGING !!!!

PROUD OF YOU ♥♥♥♥♥
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 10:19 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• You are awesome for doing that! I would have commented to call those bitches out too. Yup, women can be so cruel to each other!
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 7:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I would have done the same kudos to you for defending her and making her your work out partner.

Answer by older at 7:20 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i would of done the same thing. i hate it when girls judge whats on the outside rather then the inside. i get judged all the time for being skinny.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:20 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• As women we have to empower each other....My challenge to anyone who reads this is to say something nice to the next woman that walks past you even if you do not know her...To everyone reading this, YOU ARE AWESOME, GO TO THE MIRROR AND JUST SMILE AT YOURSELF. :)
    sam223

Comment by sam223 (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I think thats wonderful that you spoke up, most wouldnt! Women can surely be ourt own worst enemy, your damned if you do and damned if you dont.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I am sure she was happy that you said something to those girls. Some woman are so mean to others that don't look perfect. I would have said something to them and looked at the other girls and told her how proud I was she was willing to workout. Seems like she be a better friend than the other two girls ever would be.
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 7:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• kudos to you!
    Babiluv80

Answer by Babiluv80 at 7:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2010