How long was your second labor compared to your first?

I'm around 8 weeks pregnant. My labor with my (almost 2 year old) son was horrible. Mostly due to my bad experience with 3 midwives switching every few hours and no real support. All in all my first labor was 35 hours with one hour of pushing. I'm hoping this time around it will be much shorter.

One-n-Counting

Asked by One-n-Counting at 7:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My first was 16.5 hours start to finish, and my second was 9 hours start to finish.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My doctor told me over all I was in labor for 2 weeks before my water broke sounds crazy but very true. Actual active labor for7 and pushed 20 minutes.
    joleigh81

Answer by joleigh81 at 7:28 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• First- 12 hrs. Second, nearly 6days of HARD labor!
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 7:35 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My first was 7 hours and 2 minutes pushing. My second was 13 hours but it was induced and like 2 minutes pushing also. I hope this one is short and simple. lol
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 7:35 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• @clovismommy25 OMG 6 dayS!
    sweetyazfl

• First one was 41 hours. Second was 36 hours.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• First was 4 hours......second was 6 hours......third was 21 hours. All labors are different, just because your first was bad doesn't mean the next one will be!

Good luck!!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:49 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My first was about 15 hours, my second came out in a little less then 4, but I was already 5 centimeters dialated, and mostly effaced before I even went into labor, so I think that helped. Pushing with the first was 1 hour 45 minutes, the second it was like 5.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 7:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Much faster! First was less than 6 hours, second less than 2 hours.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 7:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Mine got longer with each child, but I was much more prepared to deal with it.

the first was 36 hours, second was 42, and the third was 8 days. They were all totally different experiences.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:05 PM on Sep. 20, 2010