Back pain..doctor worthy or not?

For hours now...my back has been killing me. I'm 22 weeks pregnant. It's a wavy type pain going all across my lower back into my hips. I have been getting a shooting pain down the backs of my legs too. My belly is also a little tender. It hurts and is EXTREMELY uncomfortable but not unbearable. I can walk and all but like I said it hurts. I'm not sure if this is any useful information but I just found out my amniotic fluid is high a couple weeks ago. (just trying to give all the info i can think of lol) So if you were me would you call the doctor now or wait to say something at my appointment wednesday? TIA ladies :)

PerfectLove910

Asked by PerfectLove910 at 7:33 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Go to the doctor, it could be nothing but better safe than sorry. I had similar back pain... meaning across the small of my back with my misscarriage. I would hate for anythign to happen to you and I am not trying to scare you at all but again I re-state better safe than sorry. Best of luck to you
    cherriechixie

Answer by cherriechixie at 7:37 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Thanks.. i know i feel like i should but if I go to the doctor it will have to be the ER and see the doctor on call there... i would just hate to waste a trip to the hospital if it's really nothing.
    PerfectLove910

Comment by PerfectLove910 (original poster) at 7:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I have encountered this also none ended up being baby pushing on sciatic nerve. But call doc to be sure
    joleigh81

Answer by joleigh81 at 7:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i was thinking about the sciatic nerve too... does anyone know of any good ways to make the baby move positions? i might try that first..
    PerfectLove910

Comment by PerfectLove910 (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I had severe sciatica during pregnancy and figured it would work itself out. Nope! I had a herniated disk. I ignored it/ lived in pain until the day I literally couldn't move tp get myself out of bed. Baby was 9mos by then. Call the on-call person and ask; they may send you in or have you schedule an appointment.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 7:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Do pelvic tilts. Looks silly bit it'll make baby move.
    joleigh81

Answer by joleigh81 at 8:01 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• thanks so much everyone!
    PerfectLove910

Comment by PerfectLove910 (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2010