tubes tied?

This is my third and last child. My doctor gave me this as an option and I'm really leaning towards it. Any input would be good.

joleigh81

Asked by joleigh81 at 7:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i have 3 as well, my tubes were tied with the last one, its been 2 years and everything is going great. go for it hun!
    Babiluv80

Answer by Babiluv80 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• If you are young don't do it, I mean under 40, you never know what the future will bring for you. I did it with my last child but I was 40 at the time and was very sure I did not want any more kids. I had mine tied and mutilated!!!!! the freedom it gave me was awesome!

Answer by older at 7:43 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• The only thing I'm scared of is when they put me under.
    joleigh81

Comment by joleigh81 (original poster) at 7:44 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• If you're sure it's your last, then go for it! DH and I always said that if baby #3 happens to come along, the tubes are getting tied the second he/she is out! haha. My mom had her tubes tied and never had any complaints.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 7:44 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i am 26 was 25 when i had my twins i had my tubes tied there are nymber 2 and 3 i thought about the what ifs and i knew i was done haveing kids it has not been bad they tied my tubes when i had my c section so i can not complane
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 7:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I wanted to get mine tied but the dr didnt want to do it. I am 26 with 2 children so I opted for an IUD instead...I can keep this in for 5 years (its 10 if you get the copper one) and then I will decided if I want to get them tied still (dont plan on changing my mind) I say if you know for sure that you dont want anymore, go for it :)
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 7:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I had it done after my second child. We knew it was the best decision for us. Discuss the anesthesia with your Dr and get tons of details about it to reassure yourself.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I had a TL 3 years ago, and am now experiencing symptoms of early menopause. Google "PTLS". Out of the numerous women I know who have had this done, I only know ONE who has not experienced problems afterward. If I knew then, what I know now I never would have done it.
    On a side note, I had it done so that my ex husband could not rape me again to intentionally impregnate me- he almost killed me while I was pregnant, because I was pregnant. Now, 3 years later I find myself leaning toward wanting another child, and it is absolutely too late.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2010