how to displine your children?

I have a 2 year old boy, I am wondering what other parents thoughts are about displine, and how to displine? I just recently had a baby in August and I he's getting more and more aggresive. he's ok one day then the next he hits her, he's was the only child and only grandchild in our family.

joanna13

Asked by joanna13 at 7:43 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He needs one on one time with you and DH. He'll adjust but he feels replaced probably. Praise and positive attention should help a lot. Best wishes.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It is for attention that he once had all of. I guess the best thing you can do is to try to spend time with him while the baby is sleeping. Just someone on one time may help. Its hard at their age to tell you how he is feeling. The hitting is not good. You can try time out & the days he is good reward him with playing a game with him or something he chooses to do while the baby sleeps. Maybe a sticker chart would work because he can see it.
    babybutastink

Answer by babybutastink at 7:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Dicsipline is tricky at this age, because most kids are non verbal~ that's prolly why the hitting. Time out can work if done directly after it happens. When we were in the hospital, the nurses were incredibly helpful and told us to make sure we put our 1st first: Put the baby to "bed" first~ let her tuck in the baby, then read her story~ Then go thru her routine, put her in bed and then retrieve the baby. It's very important to keep them engaged with a new baby~ maybe he could put the new babies socks on or get the babies diaper for you. It is tough:( I hope this stage passes for you very quickly;)
    Leeshamak

Answer by Leeshamak at 7:58 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i sounds like he need some momie and me time .i would try to give him a lil extra attention.and let him help with the baby
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 8:04 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Children have all the same feelings, thoughts, emotions, ect as adults without the rational thinking or knowledge to work themselves through it. IMO anytime a child acts out, especially a child under 5 it is a direct result of that. Try putting yourself in your childs shoes and try to feel what they feel then treat them the way you would want to be treated in that situation. I have also found that most things can be resolved with affection.
    NatureMomOf4

Answer by NatureMomOf4 at 8:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• it is normal it will pass my daughter adores her sister but i think they do stuff like that to see if it hurts. My daughter bites my little one but them feels so bad I dont think they always do it to be mean i think it is experemental
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 8:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2010