stress during pregnancy

I am 20 weeks pregnant and have been under a lot of stress. Each time I get upset I have this horrible feeling in my stomach. Could stress effect my baby or cause a miscarriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes it can effect your baby! Everything your feeling effects that little guy. I hope you can relax and take care of yourself!

http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/news/20030605/how-stress-causes-miscarriage
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 7:55 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It's not impossible. I have gotten myself a therapist for this exact reason. It helps a ton to have a neutral party to listen to you.
    joleigh81

Answer by joleigh81 at 7:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• yeah it can effect ur baby
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 7:59 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Mos def! Try warm bubble baths evry other day to have something to look forward 2 @ the end of a stressfull day..congrats..good luck..& try to relax ok:)
    Lovelymee23

Answer by Lovelymee23 at 8:02 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• dont stress about being stressed. Just try your best to relax and if you cant it will be fine. My first daughter i was in a horrible relationship and she was strong as can be, and my second i was in nursing school and my boyfriend was working 6 hours away. both of my girl are perfectly healthy and great kids. They are very healthy and GOOD babies. So dont worry about it babies are tough. People have had all sorts of things happen to them while prego and their babies turn out fine, then people who follow all the rules and have a stress free life miscarry time after time. So just try ur best and that is all you can do, you are going to put urself under more stress worrying about getting stressed and what all these people tell you will hurt your baby. Everyone is different.
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I honestly don't know many people who haven't been under severe stress while pregnant, myself included. All you can do is try to unwind and find some way that works for you to relax. Babies are troopers, and usually turn out perfectly healthy :) But like everyone else is saying, try not to stress out just about being stressed out, it won't help much!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:36 PM on Sep. 20, 2010