2 parent working home...

Who dies the majority of the chores...what about the bill paying? Child rearing?

I feel like I do it all. dishes, cook dinner, vacuum, laundry, pay the bills, make the budget, dress the kids, get them to bed... On DH day off I'm like 'What did you do today and he says' I loaded the dishwasher and I picked up the living room but then your daughter destroyed it again...' I'm always like 'REally? That's it?' I mean I know he works full time and I work part time (30 hours) but really? I dunno. How doe sit work in your house?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 8:14 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I hear you on that one. My DH and I both work full time and I do dress my daughter, do her hair, dress her,take her to daycare, pay the bills and, do laundry, do dishes, and clean.. I will say that he is good about cooking, he helps with the laundry.When it boils down to it, what I do out weighs what he does by a long shot... You are not alone... It is in the book of Manliness that we do all the work.....LOL
    blackbudrfly

Answer by blackbudrfly at 8:49 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• We share for the most part - he does daycare and most of the cooking. Most of the bills are on autopay and he pays the rest. I do all the shopping, most of the laundry and we share the cleaning.
    NHGal

Answer by NHGal at 8:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• We both raise our son. Chores are whoever sees it needs done, does it. I pay the bills. I am home by 3pm everyday.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Oh yeah, I shop and run all the errands to...
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I'm living your life, But_Mommie. I do 90% of everything, so it does get real tiring. I work too. I think I work harder! My dh thinks fairies come by and do everything! sucks
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:33 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My hubby works 30+ hours a week and I work 40+ hours a week he helps with the kids brings out LO to daycare and whoever gets out of work earlier will pick our LO up mySS lives with us and if i have to be in early he will get him off to school.
    But for everything else i do it all and I don't mind at all. He will pick up the house and he will clean the bathroom once a week. I guess it just works out the way it works out for us.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It just seems our house is always a mess because I can't keep up alone. I try but it just stays a wreck. I can only do so much a day.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My doctor, an older woman, says the only thing we got from the women's movement was the right to get a good job. It never help to equitably divide the household/parenting duties. Women are still expected to do it all.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 9:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I work a full time job with 12 hour days. I clean the house, do the laundry, load and unload the dishwasher, and pretty much all the other chores that take place in the house.I also pay the bills and do all the shopping. He mows the yard and takes out the trash when he can remember to do it. As far as our little girl goes I do all her laundry and baths. He will put her to bed and things like that when he isnt at work. He does more to help me with her than anything. He occasionally will cook dinner because I dont get home til 7 on the nights I work. It does seem unfair mainly because he also gets alot more free time to go out with his friends. I spend alot of time fuming silently b/c it is easier than starting a fight. But as I well know that breeds resentment.
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 9:10 PM on Sep. 20, 2010