Just meant a new guy.

Hi can anyone please give me some good advice on this one. Ok i just meant a new guy we talk like everyday. And I really like him. Dont know if it is me just being single for like 3yrs. And I just want him or what. But one of my closet friend was telling me dont make yourself avaiable all the time for him. Dont answer his call all the time or text. And she was also saying just dont answer or talk to him for like a day or two. But my thing is should I start doing that even though we been like this for 2weeks or what? So I didnt talk to him lastnite and he was texting and calling. But it just felt kind of differnet when we talk the next day like we didnt have anything to talk about.

lele28

Asked by lele28 at 8:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• that all depends on the type of person you are. When i met my husband i didn't go a single day without answering a call or text. If you're comfortable making yourself available all the time then do so, it's different for everyone. And no offense but it sounds like your friend has been reading too many women's magazines.
    cherriechixie

Answer by cherriechixie at 8:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• You do what you feel is right. Go with your gut. if what you have been doing feels right then go ahead and go for it, if you want to as your friend is telling you to is "play hard to get". Im sure your friend has your best interest in mind but every women is different so just go with the flow of things and if it's gonna work then it will if it's not gonna work then the minute you think that it's not gonna get out before you get yourself into deep.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i agree with cherriechixie....i talked to my dh every day when we first started dating!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 8:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Don't worry about what your friend says....if you wanna talk to him then do it. When I met my DH he called me on all his breaks from work, on his way to my house, all the time. we did everything together, he was my best friend and I think we have a great relationship. I would be too scared he would think your not interested. there are ways to talk all the time and not seem desperate.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• don't play games. my husband and i were like this and we married just 8 months later.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• If you want to talk to him and he wants to talk to you then talk! Don't let your friend tell you to play games with a man. My fiance and I fell in love the night that we met and were inseperable from that night on. That was over 3 years ago and we are crazy in love and expecting a little one in May! Talk to the man:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:02 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yeah, your friend is telling you to "play games". Do what you think feels right. I have never seen anyone have a successful relationship when they play games.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• AS long as you have NO CHILDREN involved in this........
    all is cool.

Go for it ♥♥♥♥

Have a good time, BUT if he becomes needy, i would back off...

He needs to have a job, home, holding his-self up !!!!!
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 10:14 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• No, you didn't MEANT a new guy. You MET a new guy. That is what you MEANT, right?
    Good luck.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:04 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Thanks everyone for the advice. And I will keep them in mind!!!! And @qertie41 yes you are right didnt catch that. And thanks!
    lele28

Comment by lele28 (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2010