Why do so many people think that Evolution completely discredits the idea of a God or Creator?

I know that is pretty much disproves some religions( in my opinion), or at least their texts, but I don't see how it proves that there is no Intelligent Design whatsoever behind the science of it. Why do so many people think that Evolution = no higher power of any sort, as if Evolution is THE final word on whether or not there is a God.

Believe it or not, I'm honestly not try to start any sort of argument between anyone, so I'd appreciate it if everyone remained respectful.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 8:27 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I would be interested in the answers as well.... how does Science disprove God?
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:29 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• it only disproves it, if the people believe taht God created the earth etc.
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 8:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I know this is a touchy subject, and I apologize. I just don't like the assumption that has been made towards me before that if I believe in a God that I must be completely ignorant when it comes to the science of things.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 8:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I'm interested too. The way I believe, science compliments faith, so I really don't understand how people think science and religion have to be at odds....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I agree that it disproves some religions, in my opinion at least. However, I don't think it's impossible that there is some sort of Creator, even behind Evolution. Who is to say that He/She/It wasn't the driving force behind it all? Yes, things evolved, but who is to say that the most basic elements were not CREATED by someone?
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

HOW- how does it disprove it.....
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• The way I look at it...people who have faith will continue to have faith. I will continue to believe in science and what it shows me or tells me. I don't use it as a way to tell others their god does not exist, b/c I have no right to say that. Their god is theirs, within their hearts. My spirituality resides in my heart...and is not contingent upon any theories or religions dictating the beginnings' of the Universe.
    Hope that made sense!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I have no problem with the 'Big Bang Theory' as a means of Gods creation. AS in He spoke the series of events into being. Evolution I am a little shaky on. I have a harder time relating the word of God to evolution theories.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Because there is no concrete, visable evidence for the existence of a Creator in their studies or physical findings...is my uneducated guess. Therefore, no Being is explainable in the scientific equation.

Again, just my uneducated guess.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I think of Evolution kind of like a very large building. If certain materials are put together at the right time and in the right place, the building will eventually grow. And over time, it will continue to change in certain ways. However, the building does not build itself. There is an architect, a creator, behind the plans for the building.

LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2010