why do so many people bash other moms??

I mean if a question is asked and you feel its wrong or something that shouldn't happen then why just ignore it and go on to the next?

I mean we teach our children "if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all" so we should do the same

right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I agree with you. Too bad most moms do not seem to realize they are not following that saying. I think that a lot of the moms bash other moms because they aren't agreeing on the same thing and the basher wants the victim (for lack of better word) to see everything the way they see it.
    russianitk

Answer by russianitk at 8:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Good question. I personally skip over things that don't pertain to me, or questions that I don't feel I have anything to add to. But just remember that sometimes people feel the need to be mean to make themselves feel better. And asking a question will put you out there to be bashed....don't take it personally....chances are the bashers have their own issues...after all no one is perfect!
    annabsmommy

Answer by annabsmommy at 8:35 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i agree with you, they make it so, childish and unappealing.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I totally agree practice what you preach is my philosophy.
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 8:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• As I tell my DD, people are mean to others to make them selves feel better
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 8:54 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i totally agree. well said.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• The moms in question are not confident in their own parenting skills.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:59 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I'm not sure all of the answers people think are offensive are actually meant to be that way. Some people who post questions get all upset when they don't have everyone agree with them or they receive answers they didn't want to hear. Yes, there are those that post abrasive answers just to get a reaction from others. But when you post a question on here, you have to be ready for all kinds of answers. I mean that is why we are posting in the first place right? To get a variety of answers, not to hear what we already know. As some said before, ignore the ones that you don't agree with. Use what you find beneficial.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 9:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I was wondering the same thing. I have asked questions on here and have gotten bashed for trying to ask an open ended question. Lots of bashing for my curiosity over the last few days. Just seconds ago, I got bashed for asking a question about boys names.
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 9:01 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I'm very careful about what I say and I think someone might take offense to it, I don't say anything at all. I know some moms don't think what they say are offensive to them but think about if someone were to say that to you..like if you were in their spot
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 9:03 PM on Sep. 20, 2010