Any suggestions for foods I can fix for office parties?

Every year for the holidays, (starting with Halloween) I make different treats for the office. Usually its sweets because I love to bake, but after I found out my boss is diabetic, I stopped making as many things. Instead I went to buying snacks and sugar free candy for treats. I thought this year I would combine snacks (dips and finger foods) with the cookies and cakes I usually make. But I need help, since I don't do much cooking (my wonderful hubby does most of it) I don't know what to do. It needs to be something that isn't too messy, I work in the IT department so we are around computers all day. Any help would be appreciated.

Theresa236

Asked by Theresa236 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Food & Drink

• For Halloween, you could carve a brain out of half of a cantaloupe. Just use a pairing knife to create all of the ridges and stuff. You could also do wheat-toast with cream cream cheese cut into the shape of ghosts! For Thanksgiving, I would do the veggie tray with dip. Also, tortillas with meat and cheese rolled up and then cut make quick, easy, and yummy snacks! I don't know what to make that would be more creative. Try searching FamilyFun magazine online...they often have cute and healty snacks oriented to holidays. :) (That is where I got the idea for the brain and the ghosts that I have found to be BIG hits!)
    ILuvMyBoyz0608

Answer by ILuvMyBoyz0608 at 3:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Finger foods like sandwiches are always yummy. slice them into little slices and you're good. cheese and crackers, fruit...
    amyofthejungle

Answer by amyofthejungle at 3:33 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I think finger foods are a good idea, you can also use holiday shaped cookie cut outs to make them more festive. You can use Splenda with your baking which isn't as bad as plain sugar for a diabetic. My husband is a diabetic and the problem is carbohydrates in general more than sugar, because your body turns carbs into sugar. Vegetables are good, maybe a vegetable try with ranch dip?

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 3:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• how about pinwheels? these ones look so yummy!
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Party-Pinwheels/Detail.aspx
    JenRose09

Answer by JenRose09 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I love sausage balls! Super easy to make, and they taste awsome!
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 4:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• How about a veggie tray with dip and get some beef lunchmeat, you know the kind that is real thin.....lay it out flat, spread some cream cheese on it and cut a pickle in half/half and roll it up. I know pregnant women love those. Lil smokie winks and sauce, Get one of those big ummm like roll bread where you take the inside out and just leave the shell and fill it with spinich dip and put the remander of the bread you took out around to use to dip in the spinich dip. Maybe use carrots, cucumbers, and tomato halves and add ranch dressing to sour cream for a dip. Hope this helps some!!
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2008