Birthday invitation question

Is it "wrong" to put a few things I know my daughter likes inside her invitation? I mean I wouldn't say a specific toy, but if there is a character or brand she likes that way people don't have to worry about calling or texting while they are shopping,

MooNFaeRie30

Asked by MooNFaeRie30 at 8:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you were to put like a character or something GENERAL like that (especially if you can give a couple of hints to what your daughter likes, it would be nice (at least if people around me would do it, then I'm not scratching my head or trying to call and ask them. ) Plus I've invited people, and most of the time I just call *cause it's family and that's the way we do it* and they usually ask me what my children may want or need for their birthday.
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 10:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I think it's wrong. IMO, I think it's sending a message that you expect a gift.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Sounds kind of tacky to me. Unless someone asks you what your daughter likes or needs, let people get her what they want. Let her be grateful for what she gets. People will get her what they think is appropriate and can afford. Did you mean relatives like grandparents? Because a short conversation would be all it would take. Other than that, let it be a surprise!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe try to put it into a cute little poem or something?
    russianitk

Answer by russianitk at 8:35 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• If you think that would help everyone then put it in there.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:36 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I don't like the whole registry thing for a kids birthday party but if you just want to write a cute little note and put it on or with the card I dont think that would be wrong. Actually sounds like a good idea.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:36 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• No it's not worng, however I would put some message with saying that you don't expect everyone to bring a present or that its not necassary to bring one but for those who do want to heres what she like. Something to that effect. Thats what I did.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 8:37 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I wouldn't like that, I like to get a gift that I think they will like.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Mostly it is family who is coming and they all know that they don't HAVE to bring something unless they want to. But with my younger daughters party a couple weeks ago everyone wanted me at their back and call to know what she likes or wanted and what size she wore. I thought this would possibly simplify that, but don't want to be rude. It wouldn't a registry just some like "she wears 4t and likes dolls, art and music" Although not exactly like that.
    MooNFaeRie30

Comment by MooNFaeRie30 (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• If the invites are going to family it is not wrong at all imo. My family is ALWAYS asking what to buy DD. Putting a suggestion in the invite may not be a bad idea.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:19 PM on Sep. 20, 2010