am i ovulating and don't know it?

I went off the pill in the beginning'ish of July and since then I have had periods on time almost to the exact day. My last period showed up on time but was just shorter. Since I'm getting my periods on time does that mean that I am definitely ovulating? I'm curious because I have no gotten pregnant yet. Also, the online ovulation calculator says I should be ovulating now, but I took an OPK test yesterday and today and they were both neg....any ideas/suggestions????

sammywantsababy

Asked by sammywantsababy at 8:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You are most likely ovulating since you have regular periods. Since you don't know exactly when you ovulate I suggest buying either the 20 pack of opks from Answer brand (sold at most pharmacies, walmart, etc) or buying some off the internet (amazon, ebay, early-pregnancy-tests.com). Start testing 2 or 3 days after the last day of your period and continue until you get your positive. Also, there is only a 20% chance of you getting pregnant each month even with well timed intercourse during your fertile window. 75% of healthy couples who have intercourse during their fertile window will conceive within 9 months of TTC. So try and relax and enjoy the trying!
    smileyashmommy

Answer by smileyashmommy at 8:58 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• The ovulation tests never worked for me. According to them I never ovulated but somehow ended up with a six months old. Go figure! You, of course, maybe different because every woman is different. The ovulation tests worked for one of my best friends and that was why I tried them. Don't put too much or any pressure in trying to conceive because it makes it more difficult to do so and less fun. Relax and keep trying.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 5:20 PM on Sep. 21, 2010