is it normal for my epidural site to hurt still?

I had an epidural when i had my baby on june 16th. at least once every few days the spot where the epidural was placed gets sore. I was just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them. And before anyone says to call my doctor, I already have they said they will call me back with an answer when the doc has a moment.....so im expecting a call in like 3-4 days lol any help would be appreciated! thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had an epidural with both of my children .. My second child is almost a year old and sometimes the site does get sore. Especially if I bend back too far it can feel sore. I've been told that it is normal.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:20 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I've heard of that happening and some say it never really goes away.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• mine hurt for close to a year afterwards

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:44 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Mine hurt for a while. I don't remember how long but I remember wondering if they screwed up! It did eventually go away.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I never had it but I have heard of people complaining about it several years afterward. I don't think theres anything they can do about it. I got stupid siatica from mine.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:49 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• my back aches more like feels weak in the lower back after strenuous activity when it never did before. but not the actual site of the epidural. ONCE when I first took a shower after getting home for a day or so, the shower water was running sown my back and the pin-hole where they inserted the epidural actually stung for a second, like if you have a small cut and water makes it sensitive, then nothing after that. weird! that si a very strange and delicate procedure. yikes. it did hurt but was more awkward and hurting because of the contratcions goign on while getting it.
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It is normal, and there isn't anything they can do about it. Sometimes it goes away, sometimes it doesn't.
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 8:53 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My dd is four and I still notice pain around that area... like it's not quite right. My friend has an almost 6 year old and says the same thing.
    I remember wondering if they messed up, too! lol
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 8:55 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i've had an epidural with both my kids, my dd is 5 and my ds is almost 6 months. both times mine only hurt for a couple weeks afterward, almost like a bruise that just needed some time to go away.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 9:04 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I had slight discomfort from mine for a while afterward.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:14 PM on Sep. 20, 2010