how do you deal with "other peoples kids"

I had a girl tell my daughter she was ugly today sending her home in tears. The same kids was outside a few minutes later saying f*ck you and f*ck him blah blah. she is like 7 years old. Where i live 90% of the parents couldn't care less. Have you ever dealt with this and what did you do ?

OOGIEBOOGIE02

Asked by OOGIEBOOGIE02 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Not much you can do about it. About those other kids and their parents i mean.

Its obvious that their parents dont care about the language their kids using.

Make sure to tell your kids that this is bad language and you (your family/friends) do not talk like that. Tell your child that she is not ugly, the words that those other kids use are ugly and its not right to say that. But make sure your daughter doesnt think that those other kids are ugly - only the way of how they talk is ugly.

Its sad, but you cant really protect your child from kids like them. And like I said, there is not much you can do about it. Just keep telling your daughter that she is not ugly, she is beautiful and a good girl and that she should not bother with them. She needs to learn to ignore those kids, because if she cries and they see it they will keep picking on her. Kids can be really terrible.

Give her a hug!
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• You can talk to the parent or if it's at school talk to the teacher or the principal. Really the parent probally won't care after all where do you think this child learned it from. If none of that works and you catch the child saying it again tell them those are bad words and that it's not nice to say them. I'm sorry you're going through this.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 4:43 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Forget talking to the parent if they don't care. Wait until she does it again and is taunting and being nasty outside of her house. You can go outside and say, "What are you saying? That's nasty talk! Young ladies don't talk like that! I am going to talk to your parents about this." That will probably scare her enough that she wont do it again. :)
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 5:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Me I would drag the child home by their ear and let the parents know what they did, but if the parents don't care what their kids do then the problem will never change and these are the kids that will wind up dead or in jail when they get older.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• is it still illegal to put soap in some other kids mouth???

LiFeOVeRForTY

Answer by LiFeOVeRForTY at 12:08 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Depends on the situation. For no reason the other day some kid called mine a "crapboy" at the park - so I told mine to tell the kid that that's what his breath smelled like. My son walked up to him and said that and felt a lot better LOL Parents won't do anything so I'm not gonna let him sit there and take that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• doesn't sound like talking to the parents will go off well. I'd go to the school and talk to the princple, and teacher.
    dini1976

Answer by dini1976 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• what i would do is teach you child that saying those words are bad and yes i would go talk to the school about keeping that child away from your child and if they dont do anything go to the police and see what they might be able to do for you. Thats what I had to do when i have problems with kids picking on my children that or my 17.5 year old will talk to the kids and they stop real quick lol:)
    McConnell_mom

Answer by McConnell_mom at 2:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2008