for moms that had planned c-sections did your dr let you do it anytime during 37-39 weeks at how many weeks were you with your c-sections

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My c-section was scheduled for 37 weeks, but they did a routine amnio the day before to check his lung development. We were shocked - his lungs were NOT ready, even though everyone says 37 weeks is full-term. We were so relieved that we had the test done! We waited another week and a half and he was born perfectly healthy at 38.5 weeks.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 9:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• my first was not planned. she was an emergency at 42 weeks. i am 7 months now. 30 weeks on wed. my dr plans a csection between 38.5 to 39 weeks. not before and not after.
    locabrat83

Answer by locabrat83 at 9:17 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Mine was scheduled for 39 weeks. The hospital's policy was that they would not do one before then unless in labor.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 9:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Mine was also 39 weeks, exactly one week before my due date.
    Trajik003

Answer by Trajik003 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I had mine at 39 and a half weeks. 39 weeks was as early as they would go unless in labor.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Mine wouldn't let me go any earlier than 38 weeks - I was so miserable, I hated that man! I begged but he remained firm and it was scheduled for the day I turned 38 weeks. During the delivery, after they had taken the baby out, the nurse called out the baby's weight: 9 pounds, 3 ounces. I said to the OB (who was still stiching me up), "How big did you want him to be, anyway?!?"
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:53 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I would not do it earlier than 39 weeks. That is also my hospitals policy unless medically necessary.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 10:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Oh and just as a note - my c-section was medically necessary, I didn't choose to have him that way :) The doctors were the ones who wanted to take him at 37 weeks because it was very important I not go into labor. They needed to catch him before I started natural labor. Luckily I had no signs of labor at all.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 10:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I'm 39 weeks too she said shed even try to stop labor at 37 wks and if it kept on then do the section but if I go at 38 id have it but our office does it exactly 7 days before your due date unless labor
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• with planned c-sections, drs want to do it about a week before due date, unless you go into labor.
    lilydoyle

Answer by lilydoyle at 1:10 AM on Sep. 21, 2010