Normal or not?

Okay ever since I moved to Utah almost 2 months ago my kids have been sick back to back. Seriously. It's like my daughter will catch something then of coarse my son will catch it next. I get maybe a few days rest of them not being sick then one of them gets sick again. It's just not simple colds. It's high fevers, vomiting, diarrhea. I've addressed this to their doctor and they said it's normal. I swear in the past 2 months my daughter has been sick 6 times and my son 7. I'm going out of my mind. Anyone else every experience this and actually found out what's going on?It hasn't been cold in our area at all. Its stayed in the 70s to 90s

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 9:04 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Kids' Health

• If you've moved from another state, especially switching from east to west then it can be normal. The climates are drastically different between states, especially states across the country from one another. It could be that their bodies aren't adjusting well to the different climate. It could also be that they caught something that needs to be medicated. I would get a second opinion on this, because you don't want to take a chance with that type of virus.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:15 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Oh yeah. As a Navy family that moved at least every 3 years sometimes more it is the nature of the beast. We were all sick about the first 6 months any new place we went. Your body has to build immunities to the 'local germs" so to speak. Hang in there it will pass. If allergies arise, consider allergy shots if you are going to be there 5 yrs or more. If not, don't bother. Allergy shots are developed regionally.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:07 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I know this is going to sound strange but maybe you should try using only bottled water in the house. When I moved to a different state I couldnt drink the water it would make me super sick. when i started buying bottled water i was fine.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• That doesn't sound normal to me. I'd be concerned too. Do your best to keep those kids hydrated and maybe get a second opinion if possible?
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 9:07 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I would say normal. It seems like my family stays healthy for long periods and then something get in and we are all sick then we start to feel better and something hits again. I think part of it is that your body is not quite back to normal and is still a bit weak so you are more susceptible.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:07 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Finkett That's all I use is bottled water in my home. The water here has a very funny taste to it
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I wanted to add something else. Go through your home and disinfect like crazy. Wash all utensils, plates and glasses in the hottest water you can get. Special attention to bathrooms, kitchens, laundry room and refrigerator. It could be a virus brought into your home and is being harbored somewhere you would least expect. Make sure you are thoroughly washing all fruits and vegatables.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2010