Is this severe pain normal? Have any of you experienced it? I am now using crutches.

I have severe pain in my left hip, pelvis, and upper thigh. I am 23 weeks pregnant and it has been getting worse over the past month.

Every time I step on my left legI get a severe crushing pain in my pelvis area and constantly my upper thigh and hip are throbbing in pain. It is difficult to sleep, walk, and stand. I am always uncomfortable.

I even took out my crutches yesterday so I can decrease the load I am putting on my hip and pelvis because the pain is so severe.

Has this happened to you? Advice?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 3:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The only thing that comes to mind is that your baby might be sitting on your Sciatic Nerve. Have your doctor check you though to make sure there's nothing wrong with the baby.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 4:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• yes!!! its horrible isnt it, i was told by my doc that its a pinched nerve, the more i was on my feet the worse it got. but mine even hurt when i layed down, it really disrupted my sleep.. i would use a pillow behind my back and one between my legs to get some relief!!! i was pregnant 7 times and i had it everytime UGH its really horrible i can still feel it if i think about it!!?? crazy, but i also still feel phantom baby movements to sometimes, theres nothing like that feeling i still miss it. good luck i hope it gets better just try staying off your feet if you can!!???
    lovey696

Answer by lovey696 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• sciatic nerve!!! Yes, I was on bed rest for it earlier in my pregnancy. The good news is that it usually goes away after a while when the baby moves...it still took several weeks and the pain was awful
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• You might have to go on bed rest if the pain continues....
    Anonymous

• I'd see a chiropractor if I had that problem. Good luck honey!!!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 6:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• i had it on my left side mainly. It felt like i was having a sharp rod jamed through my "cheak" to the front of my hip and part way into my leg and then being shocked. it was awful. i wish i could tell you what to do. if you can finde a not too hot hot tub to relax in that might help. being in waterthat you can take the weight off it ( like prop ur arms on side of pool and let legs float) will help releive presure and gravity and should offer some relief
    mommy2alissa

Answer by mommy2alissa at 9:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2008