Why am I a socialist because I support Obama?

Everyone assumes that just because that a person supports Obama that they have to be a socialist, a muslim, or some other kind of crazy mess. Why do people think this way? And I'm willing to bet that one of the first five comments will be negative or an attack!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Its just the people on here. I tried to get some answers to help me make a better judgement when voting and found all sides to have a lot of hate and No one really supports there party. I have been republican, independent and a democrat. Don't worry about being anything, vote for the person that has what you think is best for the country. Our government has both socialism, soc.sec, medicare and medicaid and Capitalism. If you think he will be good for the country vote for him and never mind this group, to much hate here and not enough love and peace. I am tired of the hate and I might go with Nader.
    MadMom4808

Answer by MadMom4808 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Well you asked a question, don't get upset by the answers you will get. How can you say that a Muslim is "some kind of crazy mess?" I think that MAKES you a mess. Very judgmental and rude.
    Anonymous

• you are not a socialist. Obama is not a mislim.this is just more republican propaganda and scare tactics. It's their way of trying to get votes.
    Anonymous

• ummm....I'm saying that people assume...which is a crazy mess. I didn't say that being a muslim is a mess. And I never said I would get upset. Did you see anywhere in that question that I said I would be upset??? I didn't think so.
    Anonymous

• By sitting there and making this question you're just milking it.
    Let it go.
    Anonymous

• I never call(ed) anyone Socialist.

I just ask why they believe his socialistic views and want (if Obama is elected) to live in a Socialistic USA :)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I cannot believe that people are going with this socialist line. Why not call him a downright Communist? folks called Martin Luther King a communist in his time as well?
    There is nothing wrong with wanting to help others. Provide opportunities and people will take advantage of it. If a person makes more than $250,000 a year they are not poor nor middle class and they need to pay more taxes!
    GailTravel

Answer by GailTravel at 4:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Obama is a Socialist with Socialist ideas so if a person supports him and what he stands for they are likely a Socialist. If you think he is so great you should not be upset by this.
    Anonymous

• Just because someone has socialist ideas doesnt make them one. I suggest you guys go research what a socialist is. Wikipedia has a whole section on it.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I get all my information from Wikipedia.lol Wikipedia is a horrible place to get info.
    Anonymous