What type of things should I know about fostering? I have an open question session in October and I was wondering if there were any questions I should ask.

I have an open question session in October and I was wondering if there were any questions I should ask.

alysialusmar

Asked by alysialusmar at 9:13 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Adoption

• Probably what ages are most in need of homes in your area, how many your home can host...
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:16 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• How much notice will you get for a child coming into/ leaving your home?
    Will there be any contact with the parents while the child is with you?
    Do you have to take evry child offered?
    WIll there be children with special needs? medication?
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:20 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Do you have any recourse if there is a problem with the placement and will it affect any future children in your home.
    7babies4me

Answer by 7babies4me at 10:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• All of the questions that the others have provided are good ones. But most of all, you want to get as much information as you can about the child, family, medical, physical condition as you can. You want to know if there are concerns that you need to know about. These children come into the system for a lot of reasons, and you want to be prepared for any situation. As a foster mom for the first time, I did not realize that there are so many issues that a child can have. You just have to keep an open mind and know that these kids just need someone to listen, love adn care for them. And remember this. There is never a stupid question to ask. If you want to know something, ask a question.
    FstrMom2009

Answer by FstrMom2009 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• i hope all went well for you
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:36 AM on Oct. 12, 2010