What is a Normal Height & Weight Range for a 4 Year Old?

My nephew just turned 4 on Sept. 29th. He was NOT a preemie. He weighs 26 lbs & is almost 36 inches tall. Size 2t clothes still fit him. What is a normal weight & height for a "just turned" 4 year old? Thanks for any help.

OldrWizrMom

Asked by OldrWizrMom at 4:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Sex Boy Age 4 Year Optimal Height 3 ft 1 inches Optimal Weight 257.4 lbs FOUND YOUR ANSWER ON http://www.medindia.net/patients/calculators/ht_wt_chartResult.asp

mami4girls

Answer by mami4girls at 4:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• 257.4 lbs. Wow, I better feed my kiddo more to catch up. You know, if he eats good, I wouldn't worry too much. Especially if his doc doesn't seem to be concerned. He could just be petite. Give him time. He may grow like crazy soon.

evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 4:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/about/major/nhanes/growthcharts/clinical_charts.htm#Clin%202

Scroll down to where it says children 2 to 20 years. Look under boy stature for age and weight for age. For a four year old boy, 40 inches tall and 35 pounds would put your child in the 50th percentile, or average.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 4:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• My 3-year-old daughter is 40 inches tall, and she weighs 35 pounds. Hope this helps!
    johnandmickey

Answer by johnandmickey at 5:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• my son turned 4 on oct. 7th. he weighs 35 lbs and is 3 1/2 feet tall. my doc said he is in the 17% for weight and the 76% for height. they consider the 10% underweight...so i would talk to you pedi. mine doesnt eat alot of things but has a good appetite if he likes the food. i still think mine should weigh more.
    Anonymous

• my daughter is 4..not sure how tall she is, havent measured her in a while, (but she is VERRRY tall for her age...(im 6'0 feet her dads 6'5") but she weighs about 42lbs..but shes skinney..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• my 2 1/2 yr old is 3ft 3in or 39" and 32lbs. I looked on that height and weight calculator for children that someone suggested and it said 2ft 6in for a 2 yr old. I tried 3yrs said 2ft 9in and then tried 4yr old it said 3ft 1in. And just for fun tried the 5yr old. 3ft 4in. So do i just have a very tall child or is the calculator a lil off?
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 12:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My daughter just turned 4,. she is on the tall side of average and she weighs 30 lbs. She is a skinny minny, total opposite of my son's build at that age. He was always my stocky chubbercakes. <---- he would freak out if he read this now....he's almost 13! lol
    MonkeyMomma07

Answer by MonkeyMomma07 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2008