What is a Normal Height & Weight Range for a 4 Year Old?

My nephew just turned 4 on Sept. 29th. He was NOT a preemie. He weighs 26 lbs & is almost 36 inches tall. Size 2t clothes still fit him. What is a normal weight & height for a "just turned" 4 year old? Thanks for any help.

Asked by OldrWizrMom at 4:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Sex Boy Age 4 Year Optimal Height 3 ft 1 inches Optimal Weight 257.4 lbs FOUND YOUR ANSWER ON

Answer by mami4girls at 4:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• 257.4 lbs. Wow, I better feed my kiddo more to catch up. You know, if he eats good, I wouldn't worry too much. Especially if his doc doesn't seem to be concerned. He could just be petite. Give him time. He may grow like crazy soon.

Answer by evilabbysmom at 4:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

Scroll down to where it says children 2 to 20 years. Look under boy stature for age and weight for age. For a four year old boy, 40 inches tall and 35 pounds would put your child in the 50th percentile, or average.

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 4:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• My 3-year-old daughter is 40 inches tall, and she weighs 35 pounds. Hope this helps!

Answer by johnandmickey at 5:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• my son turned 4 on oct. 7th. he weighs 35 lbs and is 3 1/2 feet tall. my doc said he is in the 17% for weight and the 76% for height. they consider the 10% i would talk to you pedi. mine doesnt eat alot of things but has a good appetite if he likes the food. i still think mine should weigh more.

• my daughter is 4..not sure how tall she is, havent measured her in a while, (but she is VERRRY tall for her age...(im 6'0 feet her dads 6'5") but she weighs about 42lbs..but shes skinney..

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• my 2 1/2 yr old is 3ft 3in or 39" and 32lbs. I looked on that height and weight calculator for children that someone suggested and it said 2ft 6in for a 2 yr old. I tried 3yrs said 2ft 9in and then tried 4yr old it said 3ft 1in. And just for fun tried the 5yr old. 3ft 4in. So do i just have a very tall child or is the calculator a lil off?

Answer by EJsHottMama at 12:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My daughter just turned 4,. she is on the tall side of average and she weighs 30 lbs. She is a skinny minny, total opposite of my son's build at that age. He was always my stocky chubbercakes. <---- he would freak out if he read this now....he's almost 13! lol

Answer by MonkeyMomma07 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2008