My milk production is low. How can i raise it?

I don't even get that tingly feeling of "let down" any more. I was breast feeding but added formula to make it easier for my mom to help out and now my milk production is rerally low. Is there anyway I can raise it? I've cut out formula completely because it was making my son constipated and on top of that my cycle just started again. Can that affect milk production? Omg I am so worried.

lilmisscheerio

Asked by lilmisscheerio at 9:22 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had the same problem. You can get a prescription pill called Reglan. Also you can try the herb fenugreek. It comes in a pill and tea form. Good luck!
    LehmanJess

Answer by LehmanJess at 9:28 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• You can eat oatmeal and get some Mother's Milk tea, and make sure you pump and empty each breast completely after feedings.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:28 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I just downloaded an ebook about Breastfeeding and herbs, I know there was a good deal of information in there about this kind of thing... It's a free book, I posted the link on my blog - Here

Good Luck!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Your period will TEMPORARILY decrease supply, but you can nurse through it. Keep nursing. nurse, nurse and nurse some more. Noting increases supply like increased demand. Fenugreek can help. Oatmeal can help. Not the instant kind, the real thing. Lots of water.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• To raise the milk production you need to put the baby to your breast more often....it's supply and demand basically...you where breastfeeding less because of the formula so the demand was not there so therefore you breast was producing less milk. But now put the baby to your breast a bit more often than usual and you will start producing more milk for sure hun....Don't give up...this is the greatest gift you are giving your child. I breastfed my two boys for a total of 3 years combined... Good luck to you xox
    freetobeme_ru

Answer by freetobeme_ru at 9:35 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i just bought some fenugreek yesterday and havent had any increase in my supply yet. I hope it works. I'm in the same situation you are. I know it sucks but good to hear I'm not the only one. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 10:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• You need to nurse on demand. Your cycle coming back will cause a dip in supply as well. Blessed thistle, Marshmallow, Fenugreek, oatmeal and water are all good at ramping up your supply, but nothing works better than feeding baby more often. Good luck!
    OTZMom

Answer by OTZMom at 7:46 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• OK, for me it help me a lot sugar cane, is really good, my husband gave me that when i was expecting my first child.
    You can fine that in latino aisle in the stores, and you just need to put that in a pan with water(4 cups), some cinamoon steek, some clows and let it boild, and drink it hot or cold. Hope it help you
    Culikgada

Answer by Culikgada at 1:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i drink a protein drink every morning it really helps my supply! i use herbalife i buy it on line but the special k drinks work too!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Don't beat yourself up over this, your not doing anything wrong. Sometimes our bodies just slow down and stop producing. If your menstrating, i've learned from experience that it does slow your milk production down. are you drinking and eating enough, are you under any stress. do you get enough sleep, all these can add to your milk production. but it doesn't mean you can't still nurse . maybe try other formulas to see if there is one out there he could take. sometimes trial and error works. hang in there
    cardinal58

Answer by cardinal58 at 8:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2010