What would you say to the mother of a friend of your kid that pickup your kid from school without your approval?

On the first day of school, I was at the school to pickup my daughter. But she did not appear. I called several friends but they had not seen her. I looked in the school but could not find her. I called my mom to see if she had walked to her house. During the summer I had made a commit to one of my daughters friend about maybe letting her walk with her on the days I worked, because the friend lived one block from my moms house, my mom watches my daughter on the days I work. But liked I said I was not working on the first day of school. What happened was the friend told my daughter she was to go with her. My daughter had a funny feeling that she should not being going with the friend but the friend had a hold of her arm. Needless to say the friends Mom pickup her kids and allowed my daughter to get in her car.(they came out of a different door then the one that I was parked by) I found her at my moms one hour later.

TeddyBearAngel

Asked by TeddyBearAngel at 9:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I've had it happen. I did flip out. Any mother that has any sense would NEVER do that to another mother. She should have waited or try'd to contact you before leaving school property. Technically, that is kidnapping.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:17 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I'd be pissed at the friend AND the SCHOOL for letting your DD go with someone without your written or verbal consent.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:54 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Sounds like a big misunderstanding- I'd just clarify things with the mom and both kids so that everyone is on the same page.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:44 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I would be really upset, and the mother should have known not to do that. What mother wouldn't worry? Why would she do something that would worry you like that? I'd firmly let her know that she was NEVER to pick your daughter up again unless you specifically asked her to. And if she did it again without my permission, I'd call the police, because then it would be like kidnapping.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:44 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I would be livid! With both the mother that took my child without my permission and the school for letting her go without findingout if she was supposed to go or not. I would have had the cops on the look for her right after I couldn't find her at the school a long with the teachers. They do an "all call" at my son's school if you cannot find them. I hope that you gave her a talking to about that. I would of.

I couldn't find my son last year. I went up to a teacher and had her radio the principal to do an "all call" for him. Turns out that I was picking him up early on one of his after school days (he had just started a new pregame). They found him with in minutes. If they hadn't found him the cops would have been called.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 9:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Also at my son's school if someone other then the parent(s) picks up the child after school. They need to have permisson from the parent to go by either a note that the child turns in or a phone call by the parent giving it the okay. They also have to be on the pick up list, have ID, and the child has to know the person.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 9:58 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I'd be flipping out. unless she was given strict instructions to pick your child up and you also let your daughter know that she is allowed to go with her then I would be exteremly upset. And the school shouldnt allow anyone to take ur child but you out of school. End of story. I don't think I'd ever be comfortable with that person taking my child again..that is just weid someone would insist on taking ur child..thats a huge red flag
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 10:01 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• A commitment about "maybe letting her walk her "...... ???

How do you commit to ....maybe?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I would be freaked out. poor you! I would have a talk with her... not really a harsh one but like just explain that it is not her deal to pick the child up it's yours unless the two of you specify something ahead of time.
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 9:53 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I would definatly talk to her, I'm not so sure I would let her pick my daughter up at all. But what ever you do, speak up!!!!
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 9:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2010