I had a breast reduction surgery, and Im not sure if I will even produce any milk...Im 7 months along and my breasts havent changed one bit? what should I be expecting? adult content

sammantha21

Asked by sammantha21 at 9:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm not an expert on breast reduction, but I love this website (kellymom.com), and it should help you.
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/breast-surgery.html
    bamsmom2001

Answer by bamsmom2001 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I don't know anything about breast reduction either but my breasts didn't change at all during pregnancy. They stayed the same size and were never sore.
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• bump
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I don't really know about breast reduction. I do have several friends who have had boob jobs then had kids. They were able to produce and provide breast milk without a problem.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 10:17 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It should not be an issue the milk duct are still there and they may not change in size or start producing till you have the little one. Best of luck momma
    candcsmom2008

Answer by candcsmom2008 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I have two friends who had breast reductions and were told that they cannot breast feed due to the scar tissue and etc. I don't know but I highly recommend KellyMom.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 1:03 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• it really depends on how they did the reduction, through the armpit or the nip. If through the armpit, you're okay, if through the nip no you can't bf.
    lilydoyle

Answer by lilydoyle at 1:05 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Thats what i thought, i had it done through the nipples, i had size "f" breasts and they reduced them to a "c" cup, and they really havent changed at all, no matter what i am bottle feeding my son, im just not one to breastfeed. and so im kinda hoping no milk appears at all. that area of my body is a very sensitive subject to me, and my relationship with the father is anything but loving. I have an order for protection against him, and he beat me up for a year and a half of our two year relationship,and i lost my first child with him from him kneeling on my stomach and throwing me around. then with this pregnancy i found out i was pregnant after i left him and was basically rescued by my mom.
    sammantha21

Comment by sammantha21 (original poster) at 3:41 PM on Oct. 28, 2010