Any recommendations for hair producs for babies?

My son seems to be only growing hair down the middle of his head. Everyone thinks we purposly cut it that way. Does anyone use gel/clay in their babies hair? If so what kind?

LehmanJess

Asked by LehmanJess at 9:43 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never used anything like that. my daughter had more hair down the middle then anywhere else for a while. it wasn't a big deal to me
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 9:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I wouldn't put anything in his hair. It is hard to wash out and can rip out his hair if he plays with it. I say leave it alone and take a bunch of pics, you will want to remember him jut as he is later on.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• babies have in utero hair as a newborn, which slowly falls out and creates strange but still cute and fuzzy patterns, by 6 months it grows back in all over the head. you can actually use some skin lotion just rub it on their hair. or baby oil works. my mother is a nurse and she gave me these tips which worked for my infant daughter
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 9:47 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Products like that arent really meant for babies. they can have reactions to the chemicals. If you are so worried about it just trim it.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 9:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I was thinking the same thing. Product is going to be bad for his hair and hard to get out. I like his flat mohawk/comb over. =)
    LehmanJess

Comment by LehmanJess (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I just put the baby lotion in my boys hair... and comb it.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 10:08 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I used baby oil lotion...the creamy baby oil. And when he was 18 months, I used stuff for adults, because I would stick up the front of his hair.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:08 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• A friend of mine works in the daycare where I take my son and wanted to make my ds looking like a lil man and put some hair products in and after 5-10 he started breaking out. After she washed everything out my friend called me to tell me what happened cuz she was feeling guilty and said there's a little rash but ds was acting just fine. When I went to pick my son up, the rash seemed to disapper. I don't use anything but either Johnson and Johnson or the Equate kind and a special kind of Tide since my ds is now 3. I still buy the baby safe laundry just in case since both ds and dh are algeric to certain kinds of detergent.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 5:40 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I've seen this before, I have a daycare and many children grow hair that way. don't worry, sometimes it takes 2 years befor the hair actually starts to grow in all the right places, If he's a boy, just take a buzzer, use a #4 and buzz it till it starts to fill in better. Don't be alarmed.
    cardinal58

Answer by cardinal58 at 8:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2010