Anyone have to deal with BEDBUGS!!!!

What did you do to get rid of them?

I'm freaking out because 2 week ago my son had unexplained bits on him and I thought a spider got in his bed so we vacuumed his whole room behind the bed and everything and vacuumed his mattress. I can't be sure but I think he has more bites. I checked his mattress tonight and didn't see anything at all. I sprinkled alcohol all over it and he is sleeping on the couch tonight. No one else in the house is having any problems.

Cindy18

Asked by Cindy18 at 9:44 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• You may need a professional to come out and check your house. I read that if you go in the room at night and flip on the lights, then check in the creases of the matress, that's where you will find them. Chances are if they are in your sons bed, they will spread to all of the beds in the house.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:15 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• bed bugs are really hard to get rid of. If you have a house then its easier but apartments are hard because if one place has them they move around to everyone else. You can turn the heat up really high and that will kill them but your best bet is have someone come out and spray. I believe it takes a few times and you have to get new furniture or you can bag the mattress and bomb it but i'd buy new to make sure.

Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 9:47 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• you need to get a new matress, could be jitters too but u never know
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 9:47 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I've never had them but a friend of mine has before and they are a big problem where I live so I don't buy any used furniture or anything
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 9:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I don't think we have them. I have not found any bugs and from what I have seen, the bugs are pretty big and not easily missed. I washed his mattress off with alcohol and dried all the bedding and bought him a new pillow and dried it before I gave it to him. Thanks for all the advice.

Cindy18

Comment by Cindy18 (original poster) at 6:25 AM on Sep. 22, 2010