Anyone use glucophage to get pregnant?

Did it work ... how long did it take? Any bad side effects?

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 9:57 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• How in H _ _ _ _ will glucophlage get you pregnant?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I was wondering the same thing....isn't that used to treat Diabetes??
    semazani

Answer by semazani at 10:02 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• IDK my doctor told me he wanted to put me on it.
    I did some research and I guess it helps you ovulate ...
    kaylan010

Comment by kaylan010 (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It helps with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, not sure about other ovulation problems. Women with PCOS are often insulin resistant or borderline insulin resistant which hinders fertility.

I was on it for close to a year before I got pregnant with a child I delivered (had one m/c on it too.) I also went on actos and took fertility drugs. Between the stress of trying and the meds I lost about 15 lbs before I got pregnant.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:07 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• yes i used it to keep my bloodsugar down and help me get preggo, no i am not diabetic and it took me a year to get preggo once i started it and clomid good luck
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 10:14 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Was on it 3 years before I had success. Fertility drugs, BBT every day. Yuck! Was TOTALLY worth it! Took spironolactone as well. Endocrinologist prescribed. Don't have diabetes either. PCOS. Recently became allergic but it has been many years. Was a pain getting used to. Nausea, headaches... Took a few weeks. Good luck. It is an approved treatment now days. Easier on you than the fertility drugs.
    shopgirl926

Answer by shopgirl926 at 10:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It helps to lower the insulin in your blood stream there for if your high blood sugar is making it difficult for you to get pregnant it will bring it down to an optimal range. I know many ladies it has helped to get PG along with Sex.
    candcsmom2008

Answer by candcsmom2008 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2010