Do people who make fun of fat people make you mad??

I'm asking this because an old friend of mine is always making fun of bigger people. It offends me every time because I'm not small anymore. Like first she said fat kids are a result of failed parenting and i guess since i was 20 pounds overweight in highschool my parents failed. She's the reason why heavier people feel so bad about themselves and why im afraid to jog in public cuz someone is gonna yell out their car window at me. Yea I know I shouldn't be upset by that but i am

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Health

• yes it does
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:17 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I don't associate myself with such people. It's not right that they do that.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yes it does. I avoid being friends with those people.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yes. It is almost like some people treat those who are bigger like they are not people.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:43 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It makes me so mad because I'm bigger and I'm trying to loose the extra weight now but people just laugh at me at the gym. I'm not perfect I've had kids and it takes time to loose the weight...and who knows the bigger people might be dieting and loosing weight feeling good and then they still get made fun of.
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 10:58 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It pisses me off SO bad! I'm not really big (about 20lb heavier than I WANT to be, and about 5lb heavier than what I SHOULD be to be in a healthy weight range), but I have a lot of friends who are. I want to punch people every time they make some kind of comment about heavier people. Not everyone is skinny because they want to be, and not everyone is heavy because they want to be. And it doesn't always have to do with "failed" parenting. Yes, some people stuff their kids full of nothing but crap (I knew a couple of kids like that in high school), but some kids have health problems (as do adults) that cause them to gain weight easily and/or not lose weight easily.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i get really mad at people like that, nobody is perfact so don't judge others of how they look. it really pisses me of. my husband has done it a few times and iv bitten his head of for it.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 12:06 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No. I feel sorry for them. They shows their ignorance and it tells me that they are scared of fat people. The fear is probably of possibly being fat someday but it still shows an insecurity. Plus I don't value the opinion of people like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• no. its no different than someone telling/or saying that a skinny person should eat a cheese burger.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:07 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• In general, I don't like people who make fun of others for physical reasons....color, weight, handicaps, etc.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:15 AM on Sep. 21, 2010