Have you had or would you have a divorce party?

I am definitely going to have one when I finally divorce!

fairyinabubble

Asked by fairyinabubble at 10:08 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• yes i would....i am in a rocky marriage so i sure would...so go party it up when its all said and done...and congrats...lol
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 10:09 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I've been to one! A friend of mine finally walked away from an abusive relationship! Her parents had a party to thank everyone who helped with the move and the support!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:12 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• HA HA HA I would so throw one if I got a divorce!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:13 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yep. We threw one for a friend of mine when she finally got rid of that abusive, piece of shit first husband of hers.

It was her freedom party!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:13 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i had one when i divorced my first husband...i was so happy to be free from his crazy ass...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:29 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• hell yes I plan to have one once this damn thing is FINALLY over
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:12 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No I did not and will never have one. There is nothing happy about divorce. Nobody comes out a winner. Someday, you will look back and regret this ever happened in your life. I am sorry to take away your fun, but truthfully, a party would do nothing to benefit anyone in the end.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I have never been married, but I have been to the shower, wedding and divorce party of several of my friends.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 10:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Absolutely!!
    When I finally got away from the scumbag I was married to I wanted to shout it from the rooftops!! Sadly though my family didn't want to see it for what it really was and felt bad for him... He was an abuser, and they thought I should have stayed with him... I look back now and know it was the best thing I ever did, and haven't spoke to any of them since.... So have fun, celebrate your freedom, and don't let anyone bring you down!! Congrats!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:19 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• If your up for it,,enjoy. It took me three years to get divorced from my ex, cause he played so many games in court. I remember after it was final, driving onto the freeway on ramp to go home, and I just broke down. Maybe if I had a fun party like this awaiting me, it would have been a lot different,
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:22 PM on Sep. 20, 2010