I don't get it! We make good money but we still can't get the bills paid!!

I bring in about $1600 in two weeks, Hubby brings in about 1200 in two weeks and we just don't make our bills! I think it's the way it comes in. We have four kids. Don't live above our means. We are eating hamburger helper, top ramen and getting WIC. We don't smoke or drink. I have to pay cable or I don't get booked with my business. We don't buy anything we don't need. And someone always needs $$ for something. Our Rent is $700, our utilities are high, car payment, daycare, space rent, no ins so we pay $$, sold everything we could, phone(is a must). I'm overwhelmed, and I'm going to take another job at Mc D's at night and my Husband is going to try to deliver pizza. I don't get it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• you and your husband need to sit down and find out where the money is going and try to make it work before you get a second job cuz thats alot of stress....but just look at it and do an excel spreadsheet if it makes it easier...good luck
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 10:19 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yes, you need to sit down and see where it is going. Because it is obviously going somewhere. You should be able to make it on that. My husband makes about that and we are able to afford a house that is more than that. Two car payments, a camper, insurance, utilities and a few other things. I am a SAHM so we have no daycare but you really have to sit down and anaayze things
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:24 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Uhg. Its so frustrating. We aren't making very much, but we live a very simple life. I don't really understand how we can't get our bills payed either.
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 10:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I know we can hardly make ours too. I have found that keeping a spending journal does help to see where the money goes. I think food is one thing we spend too much on. Then it seems that we may have extra..bam..car breaks or medical expenses come. I know how you feel. it is hard. I wish life was easier, I have been living paycheck to paycheck for 25 yrs. If food is the main thing, shop at lower priced groceries. Do you have Aldi's near you? That store is dramactically cheaper.
    homeschoolin432

Answer by homeschoolin432 at 10:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• We pay daycare two days a week, but I have 4 kids, $300 a week,that's 1200 a month . I own a business, I can't just walk away at this point. I have business expenses. I have to pay in on taxes. I can't lower my utilities any more than I already have. We already are suffering. We don't have credit cards. I commute, I can't afford to move closer. My grocery bill is $500 a month, and that's all generic. Please don't be judgemental, going without is not really an option here. We are at the bare minimum right now. I'm thinking it may be the timing that things are coming out between pay periods, and the timing of getting paid.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Wow,
    Write down everything you spend and then you can see where it goes.
    You need to get health insurance. Do your children have coverage?
    How can you lower your utilities?
    Hamburgers and noodles are not the most nutritious.
    Who is it that always needs money and for what?
    What is your child care expense?
    It seems that money is just slipping away.
    What bills is it that are not getting paid?
    Do you have large charge card payments?
    Do not charge anything. If you cannot pay for it, go without.
    You might have to suffer for awhile, but it could mean a better future for your family.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:22 PM on Sep. 20, 2010