how do i deal with this?

i have a friend who wants to buy expensive gifts for my baby but i keep telling her not too because she has money issues (shes a full time student and not working) seems to always be broke but keeps telling me she wants to buy these things... what should i do! it hurts her when i tell her to return what she picked out special

pinkdena

Asked by pinkdena at 10:19 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Just tell her exactly what you are thinking. You appreciate the thought but you do not want her to go broke buying you things.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• idk i have that same problem i love to buy stuff for babies and i dont really have the money for it...but i have to sit down and tell myself no...so maybe try talking to her and tell her to save her money for something really special for when the baby is born or holidays...
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 10:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It's her money, her decision.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:22 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• tell her you'd feel guilty taking those items cause you know she needs the money. she wouldn't want you to feel that way. i least i would hope not.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:49 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I think that if you tell her exactly what you think it may help...but at the same time....she may be giving you a "poor me" story so you feel bad about her and her money problems....If she canbuy things that she says she can't afford it makes me wonder if she really is that bad off....
    sharonnacy

Answer by sharonnacy at 12:04 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• She may be sacrificing to help you and ur baby out. accept her gifts graciously but let her know that you don't want her to go broke buying things for the baby.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 2:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2010